I'm back with the December Squarehearts Box Subscription and the last of 2016, the theme for this month is New York State of Mind!! and being from New York myself "Brooklyn" 😃 I'm not hatin' the theme or the box. This box just like the last one came with things I will use, shades that I like and very well packaged with that being said my mug did come shattered :( but never fear, I contacted customer service and within a couple of days I had a new mug in the mail no questions asked, very easy peasy, I find that every time I deal with Squarehearts customer service I get great service and a pleasant experience so I have to put that out there because I don't know about you guys but that is very important to me about a company especially if I'm going to be dealing with them on a regular basis.
I received 8 items this month & last month I think it was 7 so not bad so far in quantity of products, the quality of the products of those that I have used have been good, as you can see they are not products that are luxury items but all nice items, not cheap which is what I'm trying to say.
All products will be listed below, any updates if needed as I use them will be here on the blog or I will post on any of my social media platforms so be sure to follow me on any/or all of them which are on the sidebar.
Here are the items for DECEMBER 2016:
1. Modern Long Leg Warmers - in Black,pair these with skinny jeans & boots or a short sweater dress or skirt
2. Fuzzy Ear Muffs - in Black, sleek and warm great for a walk in Central Park
3. Pashmina Style Crinkled New York Scarf - Pink/Purple blueish color very soft & silky, warm enough for the winter but still stylish and thin enough for the spring & fall yassss!!
4. Magic Gloves - Now these I have to talk about lol - Purple with pink finger tips (just the ones you need) no more freezing cold fingers while using your phone outside, carrying bags while you shop etc., These gloves let you use the touch screen without taking them off, stay warm & stylish because they are cute. I love these because I had a pair my hubby bought me a couple of years ago and they were my faves for this same reason & somehow I missplaced them in my move, I haven't gotten another pair since so Thank you Squarehearts :))
5. Nail Polish - By Nabi Color in Natural it's a beautiful shade, I'm going to wear it for the New Year so I should be taking a picture for you guys to see it. It's a pinky beige, just beautiful all year round.
6. Coffee Mug - Hello Gorgeous!! Yes Please, while I get ready with my first cup of Joe to start the day.
7. YourMinerals Loose eyeshadow - in Glistening Grey, great for some winter eyes, it's very pigmented, & glides on almost like a creme if that makes any sense at all, I am very impressed with this one.
8. New York City Poster - This is already in a frame & in my studio, it may just seem like a piece of paper but being a True NYC Girl this was one of my favorite things ❤️
and this concludes what was in the box, I hope you babes enjoyed this month's installment of my Squarehearts review & unboxing, Let me know if there is anything you want me to include and or talk about
comment below and I have again linked Squarehearts.com below so that you can get all the info that you need in case you want to subscribe for yourself, so far I'm a fan.
FTC: I'm not sponsored to do this post, I've purchased this subscription myself.
Today I'm coming at you with a palette from Japonesque create beauty which I got at Ulta, the palette has 8 neutral shadows that run from light to dark, they say it's their newly formulated Velvet Touch finish so to me it's basically a matte/satin meaning not fully matte but not quite satin if you get my point, so you get kind of the best of both worlds.
They are very soft and velvet to the touch, very nice & easy to blend on the eyes and have pretty good pigmentation which you will see in my swatches below, my swatches are on clean, dry skin with no primer so that you can get a clear picture of what you are getting. I will say they are not a swatch of just one swipe I did have to build them with 2 swipes each but I don't think that's bad at all.
I have already tried them on the eyes and as I said above they blend very well on the eyes, they are smooth, not patchy, blend nicely into each other, great for all over the lid looks, neutral smokey looks and just your everyday looks. You have a mix of cool and warm tones in the palette which I think is nice since there are only 8 shades and the pans are a good size.
The packaging is sturdy but if you are one who likes to have a mirror in your palette this one does not have one so that will be a negative for you, I don't particularly care either way. The directions say you can use the shadows dry and for intensity use a dampened brush, I have not tried that as I'm not one who likes to wet my shadows even more so my matte/satin type shadows it's just not my thing but the choice is there for you and the shadows will not get crusty. I did however use a couple of the shades on my brows and for contouring as it suggest on the box as well and I was not mad at either one of those uses for the shadows.
My brows looked really good and I tend to like powder on my brows so that worked out well, the taupe color in the range worked out really well as a contour for me & I also mixed it a bit with the lighter & darker brown shades to play around with them.
All in all the palette is really beautiful in my opinion and practical, I think it's great for beginners, makeup artist and your everyday girl because it's a neutral matte that anyone can use. I definitely recommend you guys going to Ulta and checking it out for yourselves, see if it's something you will like.
I will be posting a look using the palette in a few days so sit tight for that if you want to see what it can do. Link is below to where you can purchase it straight from the site, and the price.
Ulta Beauty $38.00
Japonesque ( for future purchases ) $38.00
Thanks for reading the blog, I hope you enjoyed & if you have questions, comment below or reach me on any of my social platforms
Hello my lovelies
This post is a little late but I wanted to put it up anyway, my December box is on it's way to me now so you will see that box soon as well. I wanted to let you guys get an idea of what was in the box since I already had this month, this way you would see more than one month from me at this point and would get a better idea of what the box is like & if this is a subscription you would like to be a part of.
I definitely liked my first box, I got 7 full size products which I will show you below & describe & a set of free products plus a coupon for $10 off my first month, so not bad to start.
The subscription is for $49.99 a month and you get 5-7 full size products per month of fashion, beauty and or accessory products in your box, you keep everything in the box, there is no returning what you don't like etc. like most of these large boxes. You can cancel at any time & I do believe you can skip the month if you like as well. I will of course link the website below in case I missed any info & so you can try it for yourself if you like, plus there is alot more you can find out about the fashion box that you will want to know.
Ok so above is a full picture of the items in the box which I will list below:
For reference my size in everything is Medium (U.S Size 6)
Please be sure to check the size chart before you order & answer your size in the question portion of the subscription.
1. White button- down Shirt - made of soft stretch rayon blend
2. Slouchy Cardigan - in grey great for layering, to wear with skinny jeans & leggings
3. Boot Socks - great with boots but also good to wear at home to keep your feet warm
4. Seamless Sports Bra - Racerback bralette, seamless & wireless 90% Nylon 10% Spandex comes in different colors. ( I have already worn it & it gives great support & wears well )
5. Seamless Thong - Line free under clothes 90% Nylon 10% Spandex Comes in assorted colors
6. Makeup Wipes - Skinlite Everyday Natural Skin Makeup Cleansing Tissues that contain Green Tea, Vitamin E & Aloe Vera. These come in assorted scents and ares suppose to remove makeup in 1 step plus deep clean, unclog pores & moisturize your skin so we shall see I will keep you guys updated on that
7. Calming Face Mask - The Bio Science mask that calms, soothes, relaxes & refreshes sensitive skin & irritations with aloe vera. Again I will let you guys know as soon as I use it
InInLastly I received these products free, as it was part of the promotion for the month that I signed up for my first box and so far I have tried the hair product which is a leave in conditioner. I will list all the products below but the hair product is so far so good, I haven't used it enough to give a full review yet, keeping you guys posted.
1. Hello Legs a great lotion for after shaving to keep your legs soft, shiney & smooth.
2. Gorge I'll make you look amazing daily spray- repairs damaged hair instantly adds shine, detangles and protects from heat. Protects & seals hair color, prevents split ends, stops hair breakage and creates amazing silkiness plus it enhances natural body and helps to style the hair with a flat iron.
3. Your Mineral Sweden- Brown Hypnotic & Lavender Dream pigments
My Opinion so far:
I've only received the one box but so far I'm impressed with the quality of the products in the box and the amount of products that you get for the price. Everything comes very nicely packed in the box, & I have already had experience with customer service and they were very easy to deal with, pleasant & fast. They seem to have lots of deals/coupon codes monthly on the website & on their instagram which of course I will link below. So I hope you will all check it out for yourself.
This post is not sponsored in any way I subscribed and purchased this box with my own money & as always sent to me or not my opinion is always 100% honest and my own.
Hope you Enjoyed the post! Comment & Subscribe💋
Click on the link make $
Ivette AKA girlcanpaint is a freelance Makeup Artist in the tri-state area. You will find product reviews, Look of the day, makeup tutorials and more here on her blog. You will also find links to her Youtube channel, twitter & facebook so don't miss out. Leave your comments and also tell me what you want to see more of.